FCC part 68 regulation and federal law mandates every telecommunications circuit to have a demarc extension. This is the critical cabling and equipment that extends a circuit in the building from the local access provider’s demarcation point to the edge customer’s premises equipment. There are thousands of circuits delivered weekly to organizations across the country with each circuit requiring a demarc extension. Without the standardization of terms and installation practices, there is a high risk of negative impact to the delivery, performance and maintenance of critical telecommunications circuits and their access to the internet and other network connections outside of a facility.
“This has been a problem in the industry for over three decades,” said Dennis Mazaris, developer of Demarc Extension Nationwide and President of Concert Technologies. “The lack of industry standards and terms has caused confusion, delayed communication flow and finger pointing, as well as issues in overall service delivery. With a decade and a half of experience deploying technology nationwide and globally, we have taken the initiative in defining and standardizing a demarc extension, the single most critical cabling component within a facility.”
Benefits to the Industry
The Demarc Extension Nationwide initiative standardizes the previous confusion within the telecommunications and technology industry. The Demarc Extension Nationwide brand was developed for the following purposes:
- To deliver an accelerated and exceptional level of nationwide service, including international capabilities, for the installation and maintenance of demarc extensions.
- Eliminate management needs and effort by providing all demarc extension services from a single nationwide provider.
- To provide clear and concise information to the telecommunications market and facilitate the understanding of specifications and installation practices for the demarc extension.
In addition to information to help solution providers, end users and the industry at large understand and properly identify what a demarc extension is, the website also includes the following:
- Defined Demarc Extension and Associated Terms
- Diagrams and Configuration Options
- Standardized Naming Conventions and Definitions
- Demarc Extensions History and FAQs
- Demarc Extension Nationwide Services
- Manufacture specifications for cabling and equipment for demarc extensions based on circuit type
About Demarc Extension Nationwide
Demarc Extension Nationwide is a brand of Concert Technologies and was developed as the telecommunications industry leader of nationwide installation services and education of the demarc extension. In addition to providing these nationwide installation and maintenance services, the brand sets the standards and supplies the necessary information to facilitate the understanding of specifications and installation practices for demarc extensions. Visit Demarc Extension Nationwide online at www.demarcextension.com
About Concert Technologies
Concert Technologies, founded in 1995, is a privately-held technology service company based in Dulles, VA. It is the leader in the rapid delivery of nationwide rollouts and global technology deployments for government, commercial and international organizations. Utilizing the Maestro Technology Rollout System®, it quickly implements, installs and manages multi-site, multi-service, multi-technology infrastructure projects. Visit Concert Technologies online: www.concerttech.com
Original Article from Cabling Installation and Maintenance Magazine